Tips for Assignments, Quizzes and Tests
Faculty should ensure that:
- Due dates are clearly stated for each assignment both on the Syllabus and Course Site.
- The course site is designed so that students can submit an assignment directly via TITANium/Canvas.
- Detailed assignments and/or project directions posted or linked within the course shell.
- They consider checking understanding of lectures/videos with quizzes using the TITANium/Canvas.
- They move tests to TITANium/Canvas and/or develop alternative assessments.
- They provide feedback on TITANium/Canvas via grade center, discussion forum, or email.
- Identify your new expectations for students: You will have to reconsider some of your expectations for students, including participation, communication, and deadlines. As you think through those changes, keep in mind the impact this situation may have on students’ ability to meet those expectations, including illness, lacking power or internet connections, or needing to care for family members. Be ready to handle requests for extensions or accommodations equitably.
- Create a more detailed communications plan: Once you have more details about changes in the class, communicate them to students, along with more information about how they can contact you (email, remote office hours, etc.). A useful communication plan also lets students know how soon they can expect a reply. They will have many questions, so try to figure out how you want to manage that.