Supporting faculty in their career-long growth as teachers is a major part of the FDC’s mission. In this area, we offer workshops, certificates, online resources, teaching institutes, grants, teaching showcase days, and faculty recognition for excellent teaching.
Workshops on teaching and learning are offered every semester; sessions address tips for teaching long classes, high-impact practices, teaching diverse students, and many other important topics. Browse our offerings and register through our homepage calendar at any time.
If you’re getting started at CSUF, our Teaching Basics page walks you through all the key steps to have a good first semester.
GE Pedagogy Workshop
Looking for online help? Check out these 1-page tip sheets , and we’re always adding new material. For assistance with online teaching, visit the Online Education and Training (OET) . Here are some common teaching questions we can help you with online:
- What does my syllabus need to contain?
- What are some ways I can incorporate more active learning in my classes?
- How can I reduce cheating or address plagiarism?
- How can I make an effective rubric to streamline grading and feedback?
- What are some examples of well-written learning objectives?
- How can I write better exams?
- How should I plan to change my class for summer or intersession?
Interested in developing substantial knowledge in a particular area by earning a certificate? Please see our list of certifcates offered .
If you have a particular teaching issue that isn’t addressed on these pages, let us know and we’ll help you. Send us an email at email@example.com!