The Faculty Development Center hosts several annual events that recognize faculty members as they deepen and broaden their commitment to teaching, scholarly and creative activity, and service throughout their careers.
Author Awards is an annual campus event designed to recognize faculty who hav e pu blished a book of general interest and significance. These awards celebrate their accomplishments with the campus and the community at large.
Every three years, our Faculty Recognition event honors faculty from all colleges with significant accomplishments in scholarly and creative activity, teaching or service.
Outstanding teaching is an important criterion in the annual selection of CSUF's Outstanding Professor .
Recognize a Colleague
Do you have a CSUF faculty colleague who uses a great teaching strategy that deserves recognition and that other faculty can benefit from learning about? Tell us what makes that faculty member's teaching effective and we'll find a way to get the message out!
Applying for Faculty Awards Reviewed by the Outstanding Professor Award Committee
The Outstanding Professor Award Committee - one of the committees of the Academic Senate - reviews applications for the following awards:
- Outstanding Lecturer Award (UPS 295.000 )
- Faculty Leadership in Collegial Governance Award (FLCGA; UPS 292.000 )
- The Carol Barnes Excellence in Teaching Award (UPS 293.000 )
- L. Donald Shields Excellence in Scholarship and Creativity Award (UPS 294.000 )
- Outstanding Professor Award (OPA; UPS 290.000 )