The Faculty Development Center (FDC) is a unit within Faculty Support Services (FSS). FSS consists of the Faculty Development Center (FDC), Faculty Affairs and Records (FAR), Online Education & Training (OET), and the Academic Technology Center (ATC). To learn more about FSS, go to http://fullerton.edu/fss.
The Faculty Development Center promotes career-long faculty development in teaching and learning, scholarly and creative activities, professional and service activities, and the use of technology in these activities. You can review UPS document on the senate site
Through its offerings in these areas, the FDC strives to:
- Support faculty in different stages of growth and professional development
- Support faculty in exploring new interests and developing new skills
- Foster cross-disciplinary collaboration and community amongst faculty
- Recognize and support faculty in their varied accomplishments
- Support student learning by enhancing faculty development
- Connect faculty growth to the university's mission, goals, and strategies
Type of Support:
To achieve this mission, we offer the following support, often in partnership with other campus entities:
- Workshops and multi-day institutes
- Webinars and online training
- Faculty learning communities that meet on a topic of shared interest
- Consultations on teaching and research for individual faculty and departments
- Showcase days dedicated to teaching and other important issues
- Graphic design services for faculty
- Grants for instructional development and collaborative teaching
- Recognition and awards for faculty achievement
- New faculty orientation
- Professional development for department chairs
How to Learn More:
Explore our website to learn more about the wide variety of resources and support services that we offer you as a CSUF faculty member. Also look out for our weekly and monthly FDC News emails, sent to all CSUF faculty, for more details throughout the year.
Are you interested in a workshop, faculty learning community, or other kind of development opportunity that you can't find here? Contact your college's representative on the FDC Board or another member of our team and let us know!