Spotlight on FDC Faculty Coordinator
Dr. Terri Patchen, Department of Elementary and Bilingual Education, serves as the FDC Faculty Coordinator for Scholarly and Creative Activities. To learn more about Terri and her duties, including how she can assist you with research and creative endeavors, click here.
- Faculty Recognized for Excellence in Teaching
The FDC, together with the Offices of the President and Provost/ Vice President for Academic Affairs, recently honored 77 faculty at the annual Faculty Recognition event, with this year’s focus on excellence in teaching. To see this year’s program, click here.
ProctorU is an online proctoring service for web-based testing. A number of departments already use this service. To learn more, click here.
- Teaching and Technology Day
The FDC invites the campus community and friends to the annual “Teaching and Technology Day” on April 30, 2014, beginning at 8:30a in PLN-130. For the full agenda, including an optional lunch hosted by Echo360, click here.
FIND OUT How to Register for FDC Workshops
- New Faculty Scholarly & Creative Activities Support
- Tuesday 4/8, 9:30 - 11 am
- Friday 4/25, 1 pm - 2:30 pm
- Create a Quality Online/Hybrid Course: Best Practices in Course Design and Delivery
- Thursday 4/10, 2:30 - 4:30 pm
- Creating Quizzes in TITANium
- Tuesday 4/15, 10 am - 11:30 am
- Engaging Instruction 101, or “If I Knew Then…”
- Wednesday 4/16, 10 - 11 am
- Thursday 4/17, 4 - 5 pm
- Creating Interactive Web-based Lessons with Soft Chalk Lesson Builder
- Wednesday 4/16, 1:30 - 3:30 pm
- An introduction to R (an open-source statistical computing and graphics package)
- Friday 4/18, 9 - 10:30 am
- Create a Quality Online/Hybrid Course: Teaching with Technology in Mind
- Tuesday 4/22, 2:30 - 4:30 pm
- Grading Essentials in TITANium
- Thursday 4/23, 10 - 11:30 am
- Using the New Assignment Tool in TITANium
- Monday 4/28, 1
- 2 pm
- Creating and Grading Turnitin Assignments in TITANium
- Tuesday 4/29, 1 - 2:30 pm
***HOW TO REGISTER FOR FDC WORKSHOPS ***
***To hold a class, a minimum of 3 people must be enrolled at least 24 hours in advance.***
Most workshops are held in FDC computer lab PLS 44F unless otherwise noted.